TEETH IN ONE DAY
It is vital for the patient to understand the process of transformation, the time it will take, and the reason each step is taken. Because of that, we take the time to educate each of our patients. Once the patient is comfortable with the possibilities, we then focus on the needs and wants of that individual. Once we have established a good understanding of goals (based on the specific facts of the individual), we create a plan to address each item. We then help with patient priority, options, scheduling, education and prepare for a successful outcome.
All of those factors will be covered in the planning stage:
- Will you need to be on a liquid diet or soft food work?
- How long is that likely to last?
- How many appointments will the process take?
- What are the options for the temporary prosthesis?
- Will you require bone grafting?
- What are the ramifications of that?
- What can you expect
How Do I Start?
- Make an appointment to meet with one (or more) of our dentists. If you're not local to one of our facilities or find it inconvenient to come to the office, we can arrange a video or phone conference. Allow the doctors to answer your questions. From there, we can move onto a face-to-face appointment, exams, images, impressions and so on.
- After your exam and the planning is done, comes financing. We have packages available to address almost any need, and are happy to create a custom package that will save you time and money. If you require financial assistance, we have several third-party financial plans available.
- Once you feel ready for your desired procedure, it's time for choosing a date for your surgery. Most of our patients come in the morning of surgery and leave with temporary teeth the same evening. (Some cases require a patient to come back to the office for placement the next morning allowing for the healing process to begin.) As explained in the planning stage, depending on your needs, we will gather a team appropriate for you. Your team might include additional dentists, a videographer, and/or others helping to facilitate your journey.
- After your surgery is complete we will start the work on the conversion process while you rest in our office. This involves working on the premade temporary teeth so that we can connect them to the implants that were placed in the earlier part of the day so that you can go home and relax and start the recovery process. In rare cases when we are not able to connect the teeth to the implants physically then we would cover the surgical areas with the denture and allow for some healing. It is rare and we will talk more in detail for each specific case.
- Your surgery complete, you are encouraged to freshen up and head home or go back to your hotel to relax and recover. Implant surgery is outpatient surgery and does not require an overnight stay.